Toyota Safety Sense™ vs. Honda Sensing®
Salem drivers know that commuting around Lawrence can be precarious. Luckily, Toyota and Honda both offer active safety features on their new vehicles, to give you an added peace of mind. Compare the differences between Toyota Safety Sense™ and Honda Sensing – two leading active safety packages – to see which is better. Then, test drive a Toyota Safety Sense-equipped vehicle at Rockingham Toyota in Salem, NH.
What Is Toyota Safety Sense™?
The newest Toyota models offer Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0), an expanded package with six different features. Take an in-depth look at each available TSS technology to find out what to expect:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD) – With PCS, a front-facing camera measures the distance between your vehicle and the model closest to you. It will alert you if you’re too close, and if you don’t slow down in time, it can even apply the brakes automatically.
- Many models also include Pedestrian Detection. This feature uses another camera, and millimeter-wave radar, in order to detect smaller objects that the PCS system might miss!
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) – Standard cruise control allows your vehicle to maintain a set speed, as long as traffic remains constant. With DRCC, you’ll be able to set your preferred speed and your preferred follow distance, and your Toyota will adjust its speed accordingly.
- DRCC only works within a certain range. With the Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control upgrade, it functions between 0 and 110 mph.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA) – LDA lets you know if you begin to shift out of your lane without giving an appropriate warning. In models equipped with Steering Assist, you’ll be gently and automatically guided back toward the center of your lane.
- Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) – You must always keep both hands on the wheel when DRCC is engaged, but in models offered with LTA, your vehicle will try to keep you on the right path by measuring road lines and tracking the vehicle in front of you.
- Road Sign Assist (RSA) – It can be easy to miss important information that’s been posted on the side of the road! With RSA, your vehicle’s camera systems will capture these signs and display their information on your head-up display.
- Automatic High Beams (AHB) – No one wants to have bright lights shone into their eyes! In order to protect other drivers, your brights will automatically dim when another vehicle is approaching. Don’t worry: They’ll light back up again as soon as the other driver has passed.
Toyota Models with Toyota Safety Sense™ Standard
Salem drivers will find Toyota Safety Sense™ standard on most models throughout the Toyota lineup:
- Toyota Avalon / Avalon Hybrid
- Toyota C-HR
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Corolla iM
- Toyota Highlander / Highlander Hybrid
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Prius / Prius c / Prius Prime
- Toyota RAV4 / RAV4 Hybrid
- Toyota Sequoia
- Toyota Sienna
- Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Tundra
- Toyota Yaris
Honda Models with Honda Sensing® Standard
Today, a number of different manufacturers are beginning to offer advanced driver assistance features comparable to those in the TSS package. Honda Sensing is an attractive alternative to some, but it’s important to note that Toyota offers its own advanced features standard in many more vehicles than its rival.
Although Honda Sensing® is available throughout the Honda lineup, drivers around Methuen will likely have to pay extra to get their CR-V or Civic equipped with Honda Sensing®. Here are the following models with Honda Sensing® Standard across all trim levels:
- 2018 Honda Accord Sedan
- 2018 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
- 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid
- 2018 Honda Clarity Electric
- 2019 Honda Insight Hybrid
- 2019 Honda Pilot
Test Drive a Toyota Equipped with Active Safety Features in Salem
Drivers around Haverhill can keep everyone safe on the road with a new Toyota vehicle from Rockingham Toyota in Salem. Compare your leasing or financing options, and then use our handy payment calculator to estimate your auto loan or monthly lease payments. Need to take you vehicle in for regular maintenance, but not sure if you want to bring it to us? Check out our Dare to Compare chart with prices of parts and services of auto shops and dealerships alike. Contact us today to explore the Toyota Safety Sense features.
Recent News from Rockingham Toyota
If you’re shopping around the Haverhill area for a reliable sedan that offers plenty of options without breaking the bank, consider the new 2020 Toyota Corolla for sale in Salem. There are seven different Toyota Corolla configurations available, making it easier for Lawrence-area car buyers to find their perfect model. Explore the new Toyota Corolla…
The newest RAV4 has arrived and many Lawrence car buyers are interested in seeing the Toyota RAV4 reviews from those who have had the opportunity to explore the family-friendly crossover. Car and Driver is raving about the rugged styling and the amount of state-of-the-art safety features that come standard, while Edmunds enjoyed the off-roading capabilities…
The 2019 Toyota Highlander is a family-friendly, reliable SUV for Haverhill and Lawrence drivers. See what the industry experts have to say in their Toyota Highlander reviews below, then check out our comprehensive inventory to find a Toyota Highlander for sale at Rockingham Toyota. Learn More View Inventory Toyota Highlander Standard Equipment Reviews Critics are impressed…