2019 Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity
How much can a Toyota 4Runner tow? All configurations of this popular SUV can tow up to 5,000 pounds. The 2019 Toyota 4Runner comes standard with all of the towing features you need to hit the Haverhill roads. Before you head out camping in Methuen with a trailer or boat behind your new Toyota 4Runner, explore the towing guide from Rockingham Toyota.
4Runner Towing Features
All 4Runner trims come standard with convenient features to make towing and hauling around Methuen easier:
- Integrated Towing Hitch Receiver – With an SUV as functional as the Toyota 4Runner, we know you’ll want to be able to tow right off the lot. That’s why it comes standard with a tough hitch receiver.
- Wiring Harness with 4- and 7-Pin Connectors – Hook up your trailer lights easily and simply with this connector. It ensures more safety while towing on the streets of Haverhill.
- 4.0L V6 Engine – This rugged engine provides the 4Runner with enough power to get up to speed under heavy loads. It produces 270 horsepower and 278 pounds-feet of torque.
What Is an SAE J2807 Towing Rating?
Designed by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), this series of tests and requirements make sure there is a level playing field when it comes to towing. It sets requirements for the following areas:
In addition, the tow ratings consider more than just engine power. Hitch structure and overall vehicle dynamics are incorporated as well. With trucks that are not measured by SAE J2807 standards, the towing numbers may not be completely accurate. You will have to do additional research in order to find the true Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR).
4Runner Towing vs. the Competition
One of the 4Runner’s biggest advantages is its towing ability right off the lot. See how the 4Runner compares to other SUV base trims:
- 2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5 FWD – 5,000 pounds
- 2019 Honda Pilot LX FWD – 3,500 pounds
- 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4×2 – 3,500 pounds
- 2019 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door Sport – 3,500 pounds
Learn More at Rockingham Toyota
For additional information on the 4Runner interior, visit Rockingham Toyota! We will answer any questions we have as we explore the new Toyota 4Runner configurations, towing capability, and exterior color options before hitting the Salem roadways for a test drive. Give us a call today!
More About the 2019 4Runner
How much can a Toyota 4Runner tow? All configurations of this popular SUV can tow up to 5,000 pounds. The 2019 Toyota 4Runner comes standard with all of the towing features you need to hit the Haverhill roads. Before you head out camping in Methuen with a trailer or boat behind your new Toyota 4Runner,…
If you’re searching for a rugged SUV that still offers modern comforts and amenities, you’ll quickly fall in love with the 2019 Toyota 4Runner interior. Don’t just take our word for it. Explore the Toyota 4Runner interior dimensions and features to find out if it has what you want, and then browse our inventory at Rockingham Toyota….